The Liebster Award
This site started after I had my second and hopefully last mid-life crisis. No Apologies was a nugget of a chewed-up and spit-out idea that flourished during my collage years. And what can I say, besides that I really didn’t want to give up on creating a conversation about things that mattered to me? What makes it better? The awesome people I have pouring their heart and soul into all of our content.
If you asked me this when I was seventeen, I probably would have said “to be a rock star,” but I as I get older I am realizing how much of the world I haven’t seen. It’s nuts that I have never been to the West Coast. Someone…anyone…buy me a plane ticket.3. If money were no object, what would you do all day?
BUY A CAR, online shop my ass off, buy concert tickets, plan visits to see my friends, send my brother a shit load of cash, finance the hell out of No Apologies and backstroke in my large backyard pool.
4. What is your favorite country or place to visit and why?
I want to visit NYC so badly. I interned for The Village Voice back in 2011 and I was too immature to really appreciate what an amazing opportunity it really was. I would give anything to do that over, but since time travel isn’t really an option I think another visit would be perfect.
5. Oops, you’re stranded on an island (with plenty of water & food). What three things would you want with you?
A huge ass notebook, a companion and a boat. At first the island would feel like a camping adventure, but eventually I would want to get the Hell out of there.
6. Name a movie and/or book that you recently watched/read and can highly recommend.
I am going to say a show instead of a movie. I have been obsessed with Survivor lately. I love watching the challenges, alliances, lying and backstabbing. I would love to compete in that.7. What do you collect?
Compact Discs of the musical variety.
8. What do you do to get “zen?”
Lana Del Rey, Sky Ferreira, Vodka and candle dancing.
9. What is the wisest thing someone ever told you?
“She/She’s figured out/all her doubts/from someone else’s point of view.” -Green Day
10. What song do you like to sing out loud?
“Creep” by Radiohead. I don’t mind singing any song out loud though, really.
11. If you could learn something super fast (Matrix-style), what skill would you pick?
It’s a toss up between playing guitar and swimming/surfing.
2. I like melancholy music more than upbeat tunes.
3. It is just as easy for me to forget as it is to a hold a grudge.
4. Sweatpants are my favorite style.
5. I’ve been vegan/vegetarian for 2 years now.
6. 90’s grunge is my go-to style.
7. I walked through a hurricane in Virginia and it was amazing.
8. I was grounded for nine months of my senior year of High School.
9. I am in complete denial about my age.
10. I am huge advocate for mental health awareness.
11. My cats are my children.
2. Answer the same eleven questions your nominator answered above.
3. Post eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Pick eleven nominees to answer your 11 questions.
5. You can’t nominate the person who nominated you!
6. Tell your eleven nominees you have nominated them.
Leave a Reply